Setting Member Access/Permissions

Ursula Hessenflow

06 Jan, 2009 08:30 PM

It seems that the ability to add a member to a new project or additional projects has been removed, which is extremely frustrating.

When I go to Access and Permissions and select Set Permissions, the only check boxes available are the projects I previously assigned that member to. I can uncheck them from those projects, but none of the other projects in our Lighthouse are available to check. Is this a bug?

1. 1 Posted by Will Duncan on 06 Jan, 2009 08:47 PM

It appears you have maxed out your member limit, although off the top of my head that shouldn't impact the project limitations. It's possible that a conflict may reside in there. We'll look into it shortly.

2. 2 Posted by Ursula Hessenfl... on 06 Jan, 2009 09:03 PM

Well, I can't delete members to get my max down. I can only remove them from all projects, which doesn't seem to actually delete them from my total member count.

3. 3 Posted by Will Duncan on 06 Jan, 2009 09:12 PM

I'm not sure if that's the cause, but it seems possible that when the member count is maxed some issue may occur which would be a bug.

When you remove a user from all associated projects then they will not count against your member count. The counter is most likely cached so there will be some delay in the number going down.

We'll look into this shortly and get back to you.

4. 4 Posted by Ursula Hessenfl... on 06 Jan, 2009 09:20 PM

I removed one Account member (with full access to all projects) and
    now I can see all the checkboxes for all projects under each member.
    Go figure. There must have been some conflict with the number of
    members. Thanks.

On Jan 6, 2009, at 1:12 PM, Tender Support wrote:

5. 5 Posted by Rick on 06 Jan, 2009 09:22 PM

So let me get this straight. At 50 members, you couldn't add an existing user to a new private project. At 49, you can?

6. 6 Posted by Ursula Hessenfl... on 06 Jan, 2009 09:27 PM

That's what it appears like.

On Jan 6, 2009, at 1:22 PM, Tender Support wrote:

7. 7 Posted by Will Duncan on 22 Jan, 2009 12:00 AM

ursula, our conversation kind of dropped off once we confirmed where the issue was occurring. I just wanted to see if you were still experiencing troubles with your Lighthouse account and member access and permissions.

8. 8 Posted by Ursula Hessenfl... on 22 Jan, 2009 12:50 AM

Nope, all good. Thanks for checking in.

9. 9 Posted by wadep on 17 Feb, 2009 01:27 AM

will, our account is maxed out at 15 and we are experiencing same probem as ursula did... can't add new project access to a member, and unfortunately we can't delete any accounts we need them all.

10. 10 Posted by Will Duncan on 17 Feb, 2009 03:03 AM

wadep -- please start your own discussion and we can walk through some steps to see what is going on.

Thanks,

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac