Allow moving tickets between projects

elan

03 Dec, 2008 04:22 AM

We've created a few different projects to better segregate the different parts of our software, and it often happens that people post bugs to the wrong one. It would be lovely to be able to move a bug to another project.

1. 1 Posted by Will Duncan on 03 Dec, 2008 09:24 AM

We have the bulk a mass edit code finished inside the Lighthouse code and are currently waiting for it to get hooked up to the UI or a mini app in order to be publicly functional. I'll have to check with Rick if it allows for moving tickets across projects.

From my experience though, splitting up one application in different projects has not been a very successful in the long term for very many people. Even if the ability to move tickets is present, it keeps the workflow disjointed in some aspects and after time becomes a pain.

2. 2 Posted by Andrew on 03 Dec, 2008 03:47 PM

This would be useful for us. Sometimes a ticket filed against Prototype is actually an issue with script.aculo.us (and vice-versa).

3. 3 Posted by elan on 03 Dec, 2008 07:13 PM

I think it's a common thing with multi-component projects, each with their own release cycles.

4. 4 Posted by Nicole on 09 Dec, 2008 06:31 PM

Confirmed with Rick that moving tickets across projects is part of the code mentioned above. You can follow http://lhstatus.com or http://twitter.com/lhstatus for updates on Lighthouse features as we roll them out.

5. 5 Posted by Cecil on 11 Dec, 2008 09:17 PM

This is something we need as well, as tickets pertaining to the operation of our group sometimes need to be addressed by different groups, which we divide by projects. In our case, we are not developing software, but running a Film Program.

6. 6 Posted by fabio.akita on 18 Jan, 2009 01:25 AM

We have dozens of projects and dozens of people posting tickets and up until now we are having a lot of rework manually cancelling tickets from one project and recreating in the correct project. The last comment in this thread is 1 month old. Any news on this feature being released?

7. 7 Posted by Will Duncan on 18 Jan, 2009 02:02 AM

Last week we are hard at work finishing up the last of the UI tweaks to Lighthouse. New ticket-watchers code is being added with that, quickly followed by our mass-edit solution.

8. 8 Posted by fabio.akita on 17 Feb, 2009 06:47 PM

Any news about the mass moving feature? We do really need to have it as soon as possible.

9. 9 Posted by Will Duncan on 17 Feb, 2009 10:55 PM

Fabio, it's still on hold at the moment, the API side of the system is functional but we haven't released that publicly yet. I don't have a definite ETA but it is on the horizon.

10. 10 Posted by elan on 17 Feb, 2009 10:57 PM

@Will: Glad to hear progress is being made, it's painful having to keep moving tickets between projects.

11. 11 Posted by Will Duncan on 17 Feb, 2009 10:59 PM

Lighthouse really is not designed to swap tickets frequently between project, part of the reason it isnt a prominent feature already is becuase of the low demand for such a long time. We were handling ticket migrations and account/project merges manually upon request, but now that Lighthouse is much larger as a community, that can take a few days and be a serious pain to your workflow. We hope to have a solution out the door soon.

12. 12 Posted by brian on 09 Mar, 2009 04:17 AM

hi, i'm a new lighthouse user...great product! just wanted to chime in on this issue.

we're using lighthouse as a bug database for software projects. moving tickets between projects is must-have functionality. we have weekly releases of our software. every release we need to make tough calls and push some tickets out to the next release and pull other higher priority tickets in.

the inability to move tickets now is a deal breaker for us. that's makes me sad because lighthouse is so awesome otherwise.

in short, here's one more urgent vote in favor of bulk edit tickets as soon as you guys can!

thanks! -brian

13. 13 Posted by Will Duncan on 09 Mar, 2009 05:31 AM

Brian, have you used Milestones inside a single project for that though?

14. 14 Posted by brian on 11 Mar, 2009 12:03 PM

hi will, yep, we're now using milestones inside a project. however, we still love the ability to bulk-move tickets, e.g. checkboxes and single action. thanks for listening!

15. 15 Posted by System on 14 Mar, 2009 01:24 PM

This discussion was assigned to Justin Palmer, on ticket 258.

16. 16 Posted by raven on 16 Apr, 2009 07:08 PM

Hi there - I really need a bulk move between milestone feature. Moving one at a time is painful. Any ETA?

17. 17 Posted by Will Duncan on 16 Apr, 2009 11:49 PM

raven -- you need to bulk move the milestone or move them from one milestone to another?

18. 18 Posted by raven on 16 Apr, 2009 11:55 PM

Move multiple bugs between milestones.

503.729.8460 (m) Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 16, 2009, at 16:49, Lighthouse Support
    [email blocked] wrote:

19. 19 Posted by Rick on 28 Apr, 2009 03:13 AM

Pushed, please start a new topic if you have problems though. Thanks :)

20. Rick closed this discussion on 28 Apr, 2009 03:13 AM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac