Basic workflow questions

jh

28 Oct, 2008 12:05 PM

Hi, I like Lighthouse - a nice uncluttered design which, more to the point, my clients don't have problems understanding as well.

I have a few developers working for me so my client quite rightly asks to whom they should assign new tickets to? (I kinda like a ticket always being assigned to someone as then someone always "owns" the problem).

Ideally I'd like the creation of a new ticket to fire off an email which my developers can use as an event trigger. RSS would be good as well but I can't find the flipping RSS/ATOM link which seems to exist somewhere!

Creation of a ticket not assigned to anyone doens't look like it fires off any email and, obviously, I need tickets to be visible as otherwise they won't get addressed.

Thanks for any ideas with the above and any workflow ideas in general - am I being thick by not seeing the RSS feed for a project?

Joel

1. 1 Posted by Will Duncan on 28 Oct, 2008 01:15 PM

We have plans to beef up the notification system for better email options soon. So hold tight on that front.

A lot of Lighthouse projects set a default user, and then have them be responsible for dishing out the workload.

There are 3rd party email scripts for Lighthouse that you can install and run on your own, sending out consolidated emails of project events. http://github.com/Caged/lighthouse-digest/tree/master is an example of a daily digest

The RSS link is in the auto-detect in your browser...

rss

It's just your projects URL with /events.atom added to the end of it.

Example: http://activereload.lighthouseapp.com/projects/44-lighthouse-users/events.atom

But RSS isn't exactly a reliable resource, workflow paths tend to cross and everything is slightly delayed depending on the system and reader being used.

Also, since all tickets are created as "new" you can create a public bin for state:new responsible:none so you can see which tickets are new and haven't been assigned. That's something I use, but I also don't use Lighthouse email as heavily as you probably. I depend more on the UI side of Lighthouse since I'm tracking so many accounts/projects in my daily workflow. Ticket bins are my best friend when it comes to workflow in Lighthouse.

Lighthouse isn't the greatest place for client/developer interaction. We have a sister application in the works as well (this site is actually part of it), designed to split the clients off in order to keep Lighthouse workflow strictly developer driven. We hope to be opening up to the public in December.

2. 2 Posted by Rick on 01 Nov, 2008 12:38 AM

Just to add to what Will said, you can set a default assigned user for your project in the project edit page.

We're also working on jabber support too. You'll be able to get instant notifications of updates to tickets in your instant messenger client, or implement a jabber bot to dish out emails as you see fit.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac