SVN integration. Ruby scripts give undefined method 'strip' for nil:NilClass trace:

aline

22 Oct, 2008 07:16 PM

I have lighthouse integration with subversion already working in a dreamhost account. But we are moving to our on server, a FreeBSD one, and so we need to setup lighthouse integration into this new svn server.

The same script from the help session, while working in the old server give-me the following error message when invoked after a real commit:

repo:/var/devel/svn-repositories/repos/dummy_test rev: 12 Error: undefined method 'strip' for nil:NilClass trace:

While when I run the script manually in the server it works. Yes, the post-commit script is being runned as I have other tasks in this script. Also, to be sure about how is the ruby script being called by post-commit I've put in it:

echo "$REPOS" "$REV" > /tmp/post-commit.log

And the result in post-commit.log is:

/var/devel/svn-repositories/repos/dummy_test 13 which is completaly right.

My ruby version in this new server is: ruby 1.8.6 (2008-08-11 patchlevel 287) [i386-freebsd6]

While in the old server is: ruby 1.8.5 (2006-08-25) [i386-linux] (which is very, very old... too old to downgrade)

This seens to be a ruby issue... Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks a lot

Aline Freitas

1. 1 Posted by aline on 22 Oct, 2008 09:31 PM

OH! I just found the solution, and it was more simple than I though!

The problem was with svnlook path. I didn't think about this as which svnlook manually was giving me the right path. Strange...

So I just change: SVNLOOK = which svnlook.strip with: SVNLOOK = '/usr/local/bin/svnlook'.strip

So the undefined method strip, means that the script can't strip a null string

Aline

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Tiger Team on 23 Oct, 2008 01:33 AM

So this is resolved?

3. 3 Posted by aline on 23 Oct, 2008 12:05 PM

Yes, It's resolved. Thank you.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac