Can I transfer bugs from one project to another project?

Nathan Swanson

13 Oct, 2008 04:47 PM

I have about 5 projects open and would like to transfer all open bugs to one project and close the rest of the projects. Is this possible? If so, how?

1. 1 Posted by Will Duncan on 14 Oct, 2008 05:43 AM

I'll see if rick has some free time and we can probably consolidate the project for you manually, but Lighthouse does not offer a way to merge projects inside the system.

2. 2 Posted by dwhsix on 14 Oct, 2008 12:05 PM

As a coincidence, just yesterday I wrote a script that does just that, using the API. It's got some pretty severe limitations, because of the capabilities of the API:

• the transferred bugs are 'reported by' the user the script is running under (but will be assigned to the correct user)
    • ditto for comment authors
      • for the previous 2 items, my workaround was to add a line to the body of the ticket (or comment) telling who the original reporter or commenter was
    • attachments are not copied

In addition:

• milestone is not carried over, although that is not limited by the API and could be added

If it's useful, even with those limitations, I'm happy to post it somewhere.

3. 3 Posted by Will Duncan on 14 Oct, 2008 04:58 PM

dwhsix, i'm sure it would be useful to some. Def worth throwing up on github.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac