Can't add members to open-source project

Jakob Kruse

02 Oct, 2008 06:38 PM

Hi,

I created a new open-source project and sent an invitation to one of the other people working on it. He signed up, but does not show up as a member on the project, and has no rights. How do I add him as a project member?

Regards, Jakob

1. 1 Posted by Will Duncan on 02 Oct, 2008 08:28 PM

Can you see him in your members list for the account? If his name is listen, are the check boxes for correct permissions available?

2. 2 Posted by Jakob Kruse on 02 Oct, 2008 08:40 PM

No, I'm the only one on the member list for the account (account name is "kruse-net").

3. 3 Posted by Will Duncan on 02 Oct, 2008 08:44 PM

Ok, when you invited the user, it's possible you did not check any privileges next to their name when sending out the invitation.

You can reinvite them from your account, and make sure to select the open -source project check mark which they should have access to before sending out the invite.

4. 4 Posted by Jakob Kruse on 02 Oct, 2008 09:25 PM

Ok, I tried sending another invite, triple-checking that the check box was marked. I assume there is some link in the invite mail that he must click before he shows up on the member list?

By the way, thank you for very quick support, that's quite rare!

5. 5 Posted by Will Duncan on 02 Oct, 2008 10:31 PM

Yes, they will receive with a link that will then guide them through the account setup/or acceptance process.

When they receive the email and click the url, since they already have an account now they will just accept the invite under that account.

http://hoth.entp.com/assets/2008/6/23/screenshot_06.png

On the left column there are three options. If you have any troubles, just shout back.

6. 6 Posted by Jakob Kruse on 03 Oct, 2008 08:16 AM

Second invite worked like a charm. Thanks a lot!

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac