Chi.mp OpenID Issues?

Kiere El-Shafie

26 Sep, 2008 08:04 PM

I can't seem to use my chi.mp OpenID with Lighthouse or this forum. Yesterday, it seemed to be issues related to chi.mp, but today I get a screen from them to confirm and then Lighthouse or Vox throws and exception.

Is this not a compatible OpenID system yet?

1. 1 Posted by Rick on 26 Sep, 2008 08:49 PM

Guess not. I've tested the ruby OpenID library with several others (myopenid, aol, that verisign one) with success. We're running the latest versions of the OpenID libraries at the moment. I'll see what I can do to resolve this.

2. 2 Posted by Kiere El-Shafie on 27 Sep, 2008 01:35 AM

Hmm. Just tried it at http://pragprog.com and it works fine. Wonder which library they are using.

Also, they are using that OpenID login box that makes using some of the other OpenID logins (like myopenid) easier to type in every time. :)

3. 3 Posted by System on 09 Dec, 2008 05:23 PM

This discussion was assigned to Jeremy McAnally, on ticket 46.

4. 4 Posted by Will Duncan on 09 Dec, 2008 05:35 PM

We've requested and invite from chi.mp but haven't heard back just yet. We'll do out best to resolve this issue though, as several other users have brought it up as well.

5. 5 Posted by shrift on 19 Mar, 2009 02:59 AM

I too am having trouble with openid, I run my own off my home server; I am using phpmyid http://siege.org/projects/phpMyID/

The error I get is "Sorry, the OpenID server couldn't be found" but it works fine for other services.

6. 6 Posted by Rick on 29 Mar, 2009 02:26 AM

shrift: can you setup a test account? Someone else had issues with Wordpress' OpenID system. I upgraded the OpenID ruby library and it works fine now. I'd like to try phpMyID out and see what the actual error message is.

7. 7 Posted by Rick on 29 Mar, 2009 02:28 AM

Oh it looks like phpMyID is a single user system. Great.

8. 8 Posted by Rick on 29 Mar, 2009 06:18 PM

At any rate, I've concluded that phpMyID and Wordpress work fine. phpMyID did break a few times because the server was too slow, however. I have a timeout set for 3 seconds so that slow or unresponding OpenID servers don't leave you hanging. That should be plenty of time. I set the timeout to 15 seconds and phpMyID still timed out sometimes.

9. Rick closed this discussion on 29 Mar, 2009 06:18 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac