OpenID problems

Matt Kern

05 Oct, 2009 06:54 PM

I just added a new account under a different email address. I have quite a few other accounts a projects with lighthouse and they all show up in the projects drop down in the upper right corner. But, logging in with my openid on this new account tells me I don't have access to the user account I just set up and it suggests all my other projects instead. If I sign out and log back in with my email/password I can get to my new account, but not otherwise.

I'd prefer that all my accounts/projects are available in the projects drop down as seems to have worked on other projects, but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

1. 1 Posted by Matt Kern on 05 Oct, 2009 06:59 PM

I'm thinking the only reason this could not work is because I'm trying to use two different profiles with distinct email addresses? (One for a company that's winding down services, and one for another I'm starting up?)

The same openid is assigned to both.

2. 2 Posted by Will Duncan on 10 Oct, 2009 10:14 PM

Which email/profile is it that you are receiving the issues with? I see a profile for [email blocked], but what is the other email you have a profile as?

I definitely recommend keeping everything under one profile in Lighthouse though.

3. 3 Posted by Matt Kern on 10 Oct, 2009 10:17 PM

The other is [email blocked]. I need both because I need some
    projects to send mail to one address and some to the other. It's
    really a pain when logging in right now with both set up as openid.

On Oct 10, 2009, at 3:14 PM, Will <[email blocked]
     > wrote:

4. 4 Posted by Will Duncan on 10 Oct, 2009 10:28 PM

It's a little tricky, but you could do some redirection on your openID setups, I know rick has a good example with how he splits his work and personal logins between his openID, which is set up on http://techno-weenie.net if you look at the headers.

But the way it's currently set up, it's like trying to have two profiles share the same email.

5. Nicole closed this discussion on 25 Nov, 2009 10:41 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Lighthouse please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac